Cultural Development Office
New Deal of the Mind is currently recruiting for a Cultural Development Officer.
We are working with arts organisations, local authorities, Jobcentres and government departments to implement the Future Jobs Fund programme which helps unemployed young adults access the creative sector.
Job Purpose: To be responsible and accountable, under the direction of the Development Officer, for the effective delivery of the Future Jobs Fund (FJF).
- Assist with running a major £1.45m Department of Works and Pensions (DWP) FJF contract within the required timescale
- Determine and implement approaches to create new jobs with arts organisations
- Liaise with arts organisations to recruit eligible candidates for FJF jobs within those organizations and assist with the recruitment, training and support of eligible FJF employees
- Liaise with Jobcentre Managers to recruit eligible FJF candidates and appropriately match candidates to suitable vacancies – to meet the needs of the young person and follow the guidance issued by the DWP
- Liaise with our partner organisations that provide support for FJF employees once their placement has started
- Identify external funding opportunities
- Ability to work independently and under own initiative within a small organisation
- Flexible and adaptable working attitude and good attention to detail
- Experience of projects youthwork, third sector, business and social enterprise, start-up or in the arts
- Experience of engaging with hard to reach groups
- A personal commitment to social change
- Experience of working with a wide variety of partners, including private and public sectors
- Understanding of UK government at local and national level
- Knowledge of the cultural sector in the UK
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent administration skills and IT literacy, including knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to the aims of NDotM
- Experience of project management, including finance, budgets and fundraising
- General interest and understanding of UK arts policy
- Knowledge of major London arts organisations and the London cultural sector
- Knowledge and understanding of employment policies and job creation schemes
- Experience of event co-ordination/management
Location: Central London
Hours and fees to be negotiated
Application Process: If you are interested in applying please submit a CV and covering letter of no more than 300 words to email@example.com. Please ensure you type “Job Application” in the subject line of your email.
We regret that due to the large number of applications we receive only shortlisted candidates will receive feedback.
Deadline for application is April 11 2010.
Many thanks for your interest and good luck.